Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Jordan's Email Highlights

October 14, 2008

“I will give you the good news first. I love it here. When I went to the Bulgarian consulate it was really crappy cause it was like temptation everywhere and this place (MTC) you feel good every second of the day. So bad news is ITS COLD HERE....... and they just stated a rule where I always have to where a suit coat so now I can only where two different things every single day so that kinda sucks.”

October 21, 2008

“if any recommendations for Christmas it would be... maybe one more sweater that is gray is like my charcoal suit.... more ties like 5 to 7 more and maybe money for a nice coat that I can get in Bulgaria to reduce the weight in my suit case. Maybe a scarf, just suggestions. If it doesn’t cost (it doesn’t) much could you guys try to write me more during the week cause it gets depressing and getting a letter half way in the week makes my week. That’s what I recommend for Christmas so love you guys”

October 28, 2008

“To my health, I am feeling much better now we figured out the problem, even though I am catching a cold. I can live with those... the doctor did the test. He said my blood was fine and with the sleep test they said I have mild sleep apnea. He told me that it would be enough to make you as tired as you say you are but he said you should keep it in mind when you get home off your mission so that you stay healthy. So I’m good, he thinks I might have anxiety so that’s not good. He said to check in before I leave and let him know. He is a really nice guy. Nothing really exciting has gone on I’ll explain more in my letter home to everyone. I love you a lot and please write me gospel stuff. I love it. I will always discus doctrine with you.”

November 4, 2008

“Its raining like a sun of a gun here for the last couple days and its not like the simple kind of rain its the cold hard wet and very annoying rain, but I still have my coat so we are good. That’s great I’m looking forward to my package. Its just me and the French man now its really sad but I know it was for the good. (He lost his other companion.) I will explain more in my other letter because I want to write gma marge an email and Jared. The basics are he had MS before he came and the doctors new that but he told the doctors that he was fine and he came, but the ms hit him hard last week to where he couldn’t walk so he was sent home. I will miss him and I know our district will miss him.

h by the way, I’m the new district leader in my district, because the polish elders left and so my district leader became the new zone leader in our zone so I’m excited. But its a little hard because my zone leader his name is Elder Hawks and he says he always second guesses himself and that I don’t understand him. He says he feels unworthy to be here. I bore my testimony to him telling him we all get that way its Satan’s tools to get us to want to go home but he just like doesn’t listen and he doesn’t want to change and lately he is being more defiant and it seems like he is trying to bring the district down with him. I just don’t get it so I’m asking for help. I will also explain more in my letter as well. I Love you guys. I am doing amazing. The language is coming slower and slower but I’m putting a hundred percent to it and my teachers are saying my progress is great. I love you, keep me in your prayers and I didn’t get that many letters from Alec or Kaitlin or Gracie so get them on it.

Love, Elder Bracken. (First time he signed this way!)”

No comments: